Language Translation

Books I'm Reading

  • "Surviving the Anointing" by David Ravenhill

Books I've Read

  • "Revival God's Way" by Leonard Ravenhill
  • "Tongues: Beyond the Upper Room" by Kenneth E. Hagin
  • "The Dynamic Duo: The Holy Spirit & You" by Rick Renner

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Your Seed's Seed

If you've ever been in one of my conferences or workshops, you know that I'm into circling important dates on calendars. I often show the page of a wall calendar from May, 1975 where I've circled and made annotations on the following days:
2nd - I 've written the one word "bowling" as a reminder that I went on my first date with Vickie, bowling after the church high school graduation dinner (I slipped my arm around her ... she never knew it happened!)
3rd - a great big "HH" is written on this date signifying that I held hands with Vickie
4th - an even bigger "FK" is written on this Sunday night reminding me that I got my first kiss!

While wall calendars have been replaced with PDAs and MS Outlook, I still make special entries and annotations in Outlook. I'm circling dates in a whole new way. The latest imporant day happened at 5:35 PM on Saturday, August 25. That's when William Joseph (Joey) Burns entered the world. In my totally unbiased opinion, he's the world's most beautiful baby boy in diapers today ... and I double dawg dare you to argue with me about it!

While Vickie and I are ministering to our second generation of children at Trinity, on Saturday, August 25, at 5:35 PM "seed's seed" ministry became a whole lot more personal. All of a sudden, a whole new bunch of God's promises became even more important to me. While I'm still walking in covenant about my three sons, God and I are now talking about His covenant concerning my seed's seed. (Isaiah 59:21).

It's great to be a part of the Grandparents Club. It's even more exciting knowing that God has made special promises form-fitted, specially-crafted just for my grandson. Joey, watch out! You're in for one exciting, miracle-filled life!!!

No comments:

ShareThis