Language Translation

Books I'm Reading

  • "Surviving the Anointing" by David Ravenhill

Books I've Read

  • "Revival God's Way" by Leonard Ravenhill
  • "Tongues: Beyond the Upper Room" by Kenneth E. Hagin
  • "The Dynamic Duo: The Holy Spirit & You" by Rick Renner

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Parent's Dream Come True

The Burns Men
Michael, Jason and Joey, my Dad Bill Burns, me, and Aaron
After this past weekend, I've come to the conclusion that I need a face adjustment ... no, not plastic surgery ... just an adjustment. Why? Because I've grinned and smiled so big that my ears have become misaligned. Let me tell you what caused my facial disfiguration ....

First, in our Saturday night and two Sunday morning services, I watched my 15-year-old son, Aaron, do an awesome job communicating to Trinity's boys and girls. Believe me, in doing the object lesson, he outdid what I've seen many seasoned children's pastors do. That afternoon, Vickie, Aaron, and I drove to Lakeland to witness and participate in the baby dedication of my grandson, Joey, which was being held at Access. At the service that night, I watched my second son, Michael, lead the 80+ people into God's presence through praise and worship. Michael is a true worshipper and knows how to usher people into His presence. A young girl stood behind me with tears streaming down her face as she worshipped. Then, I sat and heard my old son, Jason, effectively communicate to the Access community (that's congregation for us older folks) about the call of God. I really can't put into words what I witnessed that night as the community of 20- and 30-year-olds, people who had at one time felt disenfranchised by the church, were connecting with God and each other. (You can learn more about Access at http://www.accesslakeland.org/.) And then we wrapped up the service by dedicating Joey to God. No wonder my Texas-size smile has discombobulated my face.

Proud? Probably. Thankful? Most definitely. Thanks God for three sons who love You, love Your Body, and are making a difference in their generation.

1 comment:

Cherilyn said...

Hey Billy and Vickie,
Love the photos and I would be grinning with joy too. Now you get to reap the blessing. Hope to see ya'll soon. Love ya'll much,

ShareThis