Language Translation

Books I'm Reading

  • "Surviving the Anointing" by David Ravenhill

Books I've Read

  • "Revival God's Way" by Leonard Ravenhill
  • "Tongues: Beyond the Upper Room" by Kenneth E. Hagin
  • "The Dynamic Duo: The Holy Spirit & You" by Rick Renner

Sunday, September 28, 2008

I Don't Plan to Ever Quit the Children's Ministry!

Many things have changed in the 29 years that Vickie and I have been in full-time children's ministry. I just caught myself writing full-time as though there is a part-time alternative. We all know that it is full-time to do all that is required to effectively minister to children. Many leaders put in full-time hours and energy for the children's ministry and receive their finances from an 8 to 5 job.

While many things have changed over the years, there is one thing that hasn't changed. Every children's ministry is always in need of additional staff, right? I haven't heard of anyone with a waiting list of those biding time until an opening pops open.

I am convinced that this could change if you were allowed just a few minutes to share why you are in children's ministry and don't plan to quit. Many people aren't involved because of the fact that they just don't know what is going on in each of your services!

If I were allowed to address your congregation, I could list ten reasons that I am in this ministry and don't plan to quit. This isn't just hype. I have 29 years of being in this ministry and 19 years of being the children's pastor in one church. I live for each and every opportunity to touch the lives of children.

Allow me to list four of these reasons. I apologize for not having the space to elaborate on each reason. However (here comes an unapologetic promotion) I can provide the entire teaching and my notes that I use to teach this lesson by having you visit the Billy Burns Ministries website http://www.billyburnsministries.com/ to purchase either the CD teaching that can be mailed to you or downloadable teaching that you have within in couple of minutes.

Here are the first four reasons. Each when I step into the classroom,

  1. I am a supernatural interruption to the plans of the enemy.
  2. I am commissioned to eliminate the need for spiritual hospitals (otherwise known as support groups).
  3. I get to be a spiritual tour guide to our kids.
  4. I set the pattern for the future of the church.

One more thing as I close this week's blog ... the website for the 2009 Ignite the Supernatural Conference is up and running. Take a minute and go to http://www.ignite-conference.com/ to learn about a global gathering of leaders and volunteers longing to see Joel's prophecy fulfilled in their children. The dates are February 5-7, 2009. The price is so affordable! And, you can check on the website to learn how your senior pastor and spouse can have free registration!!!

No comments:

ShareThis