Language Translation

Books I'm Reading

  • "Surviving the Anointing" by David Ravenhill

Books I've Read

  • "Revival God's Way" by Leonard Ravenhill
  • "Tongues: Beyond the Upper Room" by Kenneth E. Hagin
  • "The Dynamic Duo: The Holy Spirit & You" by Rick Renner

Monday, November 2, 2009

Resident Presence, Resident Power

A few weeks ago, we did a series called "Get MAD" in which I challenged the children to Make a Difference. In one of the four lessons, I used the verse from Acts 3 in which Peter looked at the man who had been lame for 40 years and commanded the man to get up and walk. In using the verse in our three services that weekend, I noticed a truth that I had never really captured. Look at the verse:

But Peter said, "I don't have any silver or gold, but I do have something else I can give you. By the power of Jesus Christ from Nazareth, stand up and walk!" Acts 3:6 (New Century Version)

The part of the verse that jumped off of the screen are the words "I do have something". Peter didn't say, "I'll go get something" or "I'll find something" or "I'll go find someone else to take care of this". He stated that he ALREADY had what was needed at that exact moment. In each service that weekend, those four words just resonated as the Holy Spirit amplified them in my spirit. Because of the Spirit of God abiding in me, I ALREADY have what is needed. I don't need 45 conferences and 15 books and hands laid upon my head by every Holy Ghost speaker. While the conferences, books, and impartation are great, there is a Person and power ALREADY abiding on the inside of me that enables me to address any and every need presented. Doesn't this cause you to be excited? You don't have to be Oral Roberts or Benny Hinn or Joyce Meyer to see Satan's works destroyed. Capturing that truth will cause a tadpole to beat up an elephant.

No comments:

ShareThis