Language Translation

Books I'm Reading

  • "Surviving the Anointing" by David Ravenhill

Books I've Read

  • "Revival God's Way" by Leonard Ravenhill
  • "Tongues: Beyond the Upper Room" by Kenneth E. Hagin
  • "The Dynamic Duo: The Holy Spirit & You" by Rick Renner

Monday, December 5, 2011

The Importance of Being Filled with the Spirit

My lifestyle at times can get way too hectic and I have to be creative in finding opportunities to read. Thankfully, my iPad is with me 90% of my day and often gives me the ability to read a portion of a downloaded book whenever a brief time of solitude presents itself. I am often able to read a few pages while I am waiting on an appointment or away from the office and have a few minutes of "me" time when there are no phone calls or people to interact with.

I recently downloaded a book that I would encourage you to purchase. The Complete Smith Wigglesworth is a collection of his sermons and writings. This is the man who said that he would never get out of bed in the morning without having communion with God in the Spirit. Consequently, through this communion Wigglesworth lived a Book of Acts life and saw the Holy Spirit demonstrate His presence and power in amazing ways.

In reading this book, I came across a statement made by Wigglesworth that is so, so powerful. You may want to remind yourself of this statement by writing it on index cards and placing it around your home and workplace. Here's the quote:

"It is impossible to overestimate the importance of being filled with the Spirit."

Rather than expound on this statement, I'll ask that you spend time with the Holy Spirit. He is far more capable of causing this statement to explode in your spirit. His revelation will cause you to be forever changed.

Selah

No comments:

ShareThis