Language Translation

Books I'm Reading

  • "Surviving the Anointing" by David Ravenhill

Books I've Read

  • "Revival God's Way" by Leonard Ravenhill
  • "Tongues: Beyond the Upper Room" by Kenneth E. Hagin
  • "The Dynamic Duo: The Holy Spirit & You" by Rick Renner

Monday, May 14, 2012

Ministering With An Advantage

As children's ministry workers, we are always conscious of the importance of going into a ministry opportunity with the classroom properly set up, the lesson studied and restudied, and the right teaching techniques and tools ready to go. We know that the key to successful ministry is summarized in three words ... preparation, preparation, preparation. Am I correct? It's true! We want to go into the ministry time with everything working to our advantage!

Allow me this week to share a thought that will "seal the deal" on what happens in your time of ministry, something that will be to your advantage when you minister to children. Are you ready? It's found in this verse ...


"However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say
it is profitable (good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I
go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter (Counselor,
Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not
come to you [into close fellowship with you]; but if I go away,
I will send Him to you [to be in close fellowship with you]."
John 16:7 (The Amplified Translation)

Did you catch that? Jesus said that He was going to do something that was to our advantage. That "something" was about a "Someone", the Holy Spirit. 

I won't spend more space writing about this. I believe that the truth is so evident. If we truly want to minister and have everything working to our advantage, we must have this sent one, the Holy Spirit, walk into the classroom with us and minister alongside us to bring about the will of the Father.


No comments:

ShareThis