Language Translation

Books I'm Reading

  • "Surviving the Anointing" by David Ravenhill

Books I've Read

  • "Revival God's Way" by Leonard Ravenhill
  • "Tongues: Beyond the Upper Room" by Kenneth E. Hagin
  • "The Dynamic Duo: The Holy Spirit & You" by Rick Renner

Monday, April 1, 2013

A Post-it Note from God

We all need reminders from time to time, or at least I know that I do. I survive a crazy lifestyle and keep on track of appointments and on top of projects because of the reminders that I place in my iPhone and the usage of a ton of Post-it Notes. My friend Jim Wideman teaches in his leadership conferences that God didn't give you a brain for memory. Your brain was placed inside your head to be creative. God gave you tools to assist you with your memory. To that I'll say a big, hearty amen!

This week, I want to serve as a Texas-sized Post-it Note and remind you about a truth that we quote and purportedly live by.

"Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit,
saith the LORD of hosts." Zechariah 4:6

I know that you know this verse. But, while many of us know this verse, somehow or another we constantly fail to heed God's instructions. Let me allow God to tell us His instructions one more time ...

"You won't «succeed» by might or by power, but by my Spirit,
says the LORD of Armies." (God's Word for Today)

And, one more time ...

"It is not by force nor by strength, but by my Spirit,
says the LORD Almighty." (New Living Translation)

And then, one last reminder ...

"It's not by your creativity, personality, or talents nor by your
sets or props ... "  
(Billy Burns Translation)

We all know that God's instruction to Zerubbabel is applicable for us today. I know that you know it. I guess that this reminder is so that you will show what you know to be true.

No comments:

ShareThis