Language Translation

Books I'm Reading

  • "Surviving the Anointing" by David Ravenhill

Books I've Read

  • "Revival God's Way" by Leonard Ravenhill
  • "Tongues: Beyond the Upper Room" by Kenneth E. Hagin
  • "The Dynamic Duo: The Holy Spirit & You" by Rick Renner

Monday, January 7, 2008

Revival is Waiting for the Sound of Your Voice!

Let me share with you one of the greatest principles for initiating and perpetuating a Holy Ghost revival. The Holy Ghost is waiting for the sound of your voice!

In one of our services, the Spirit of God was really moving during the praise and worship. I looked at my wife and said these words, “Vickie, I see the day where our praise and worship will go on for the entire service. We’ll have trouble stopping the boys and girls.” That sounded good … even spiritual. A few minutes later, I walked out of the service to put away a prop. While doing so, the Spirit of God corrected me. He told me to quit saying that I see the day and instead begin to declare that today is the day of the Holy Ghost. Ever since that day, I’ve changed my words. When I changed, He changed. That tomorrow turned into a today manifestation.

Take a minute and look at Genesis 1:2-3. "The earth was a shapeless, chaotic mass, with the Spirit of God brooding over the dark vapors. Then God said, "Let there be light." And light appeared." (The Living Bible).

Are you ready for this? These two verses will excite a bullfrog enough to cause it to take on and whip an elephant. Here's what happened. The Holy Spirit had been hovering over a formless conglomeration of emptiness for eternity. It was a mess. Nothing was happening … until the Holy Spirit heard the Word of God spoken. You see, the Holy Spirit was waiting on a voice. Once the Word was spoken, the Spirit of God moved and things were eternally changed.

Consider this … if nothing is happening in your ministry, I challenge you to look at the words that you are saying. Are you talking about the future or remembering the past? Are you magnifying the emptiness or “chaotic mass” in your ministry? Job 22:28 reminds us that God is waiting on the sound of your voice. Begin to declare the Word of God over your ministry and children. Begin to declare that TODAY (not tomorrow) is the day of the Holy Spirit. (Joel 2:28/Acts 2:16-17). Declare that your children have powerful praise and intimate worship in their DNA. (Psalm 8:2). Use your voice to announce that God’s Spirit is raining upon your ministry. (Amos 4:7).

Revival is NOW for He is a TODAY Holy Ghost. He’s just waiting to hear the sound of your voice. Start NOW. Start talking. Start demonstrating. Today’s the day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog was expressing the exact thing that I have been trying to put into words... People say, I want revival to come... but that keeps it in the future... I say... I am in revival... God is a now God, He is doing things now with those who chose to believe! I want to recognize Him as a right now, today, God. He does miracles, and manifests Himself only that more people will be added to His kingdom... Our Great Commission. It is all about how God so loved the world. He does, We tell, More know!
John and I are coming to Ignite with expectation.
God bless,
Karen Karter
Children's Pastor in south Florida

ShareThis