Language Translation

Books I'm Reading

  • "Surviving the Anointing" by David Ravenhill

Books I've Read

  • "Revival God's Way" by Leonard Ravenhill
  • "Tongues: Beyond the Upper Room" by Kenneth E. Hagin
  • "The Dynamic Duo: The Holy Spirit & You" by Rick Renner

Monday, December 8, 2008

Check Your Indicators

I have a confession ... my brain is different than most people in that I can see something funny in almost any situation. This often got me into trouble in school as I would enjoy telling my classmates my funny insight. For the most part, I've since learned how to keep these insights to myself. Occasionally I can still spout out a funny at an inappropiate time before my good sense can kick in and control my words.

As a child, I learned the penalty of the power of words. My parents had the philosophy of reinforcing the teacher’s punishment. If I had a meeting with the board of education (the paddle) in class, I got an additional paddling when I got home. When Dad took care of business, he really, really took care of business.

What an invaluable lesson. Words are powerful. I’ve learned that words are indicators of what is going on in the inside. This is seen when an airplane crashes. The first thing that the FAA does after a crash is to locate the black box which is a recording of the words said before the crash. The words didn't cause the crash. They are merely an indicator of what caused the catastrophe.

If there are problems in your ministry or if you aren't seeing the revival that you so desire, it might a great idea to locate your black box. Check out the indicators that show what is going on in the cockpit of your life, the heart. Remember that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. (Matthew 12:34) What are you saying? Is your speech magnifying the situation? Are you words focusing on the difficulties?

Instead of magnifying the situation, we should learn from David when he said, “I will say of the Lord …” (Psalm 91:2) Remember that Job 22:28 says, “Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.” If we will guard our words and begin to decree the promises of God over our children and our children’s ministry, we will see God’s glory begin to manifest. Signs of revival will begin to be seen. The dreams of your heart will break out in your services.

From this day on, let’s begin to use our words to magnify Him rather than our situation. Let God hear from our black box that we declare that today is the day of the Holy Ghost and that the promises found in Joel 2 of a Holy Ghost revival is being fulfilled in our children.

No comments:

ShareThis