Language Translation

Books I'm Reading

  • "Surviving the Anointing" by David Ravenhill

Books I've Read

  • "Revival God's Way" by Leonard Ravenhill
  • "Tongues: Beyond the Upper Room" by Kenneth E. Hagin
  • "The Dynamic Duo: The Holy Spirit & You" by Rick Renner

Monday, January 23, 2012

Overflowingly Filled (Bad Grammar, Great Thought)

I have mentioned in a couple of recent blogs that among the 3 or 4 books that I am currently reading is a book entitled The Complete Smith Wigglesworth. I am absolutely loving this book and gaining fresh insight in the areas of faith and the Holy Spirit.

Allow me to share a few sentences that I have meditated upon and meditated upon. Hopefully it will be a blessing and challenge to you as well.

"The most important thing, the one thing that counts, is to see that we are filled with the Holy Spirit, filled to overflowing. Anything less than this is displeasing to God. We are commanded by God to be filled with the Spirit, and in the measure you fail of this you are that far short of the plan of God."

What a challenge. I am to be filled with the Spirit of God. And, not just filled, but filled to overflowing. This challenge is stirring my spirit. Filled. Over-filled. Splashing-filled. Can't-contain-it-all-over-filled. There-is-no-end-in-sight-filled. Not a yesterday over-filled, but a TODAY over-filled.

Just a quick warning. Being overflowingly (I know that "overflowingly" isn't a word. There just isn't another word to convey this thought!) filled can get messy. It will spill over on those around you causing them to become born again, set free, healed, encouraged, joyful, ...

Will you join me? Will you accept the challenge given by Wigglesworth? Let's be OVERFLOWINGLY FILLED with the Spirit of God for this day and all of the challenges and opportunities that are before us for this day and then expect today to be a supernatural day. After all, TODAY is His day. TODAY is the day of the Holy Ghost!

No comments:

ShareThis