Language Translation

Books I'm Reading

  • "Surviving the Anointing" by David Ravenhill

Books I've Read

  • "Revival God's Way" by Leonard Ravenhill
  • "Tongues: Beyond the Upper Room" by Kenneth E. Hagin
  • "The Dynamic Duo: The Holy Spirit & You" by Rick Renner

Monday, January 2, 2012

Your Report Card is Ready!

Believe it or not, when I would bring home my report card during my elementary years in school, almost invariably the teacher would write a comment in reference to my conduct. Without exception, the comments would refer to my excessive talking during class. I seemingly just couldn't help it. I could always find something funny in any situation and I would comment to my peers about what I had noticed. Consequently, each report card would notify my parents that "Billy talks too much."

As we begin this new year, I want to give a brief notice on your "report card". You are not talking enough! It is not a misprint. You are NOT talking enough. Let me become more emphatic. You are NOT TALKING ENOUGH!

The psalmist David had some insight about the importance of talking. He wrote, "I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust." (Psalms 91:2) In other words, David just didn't think about the greatness of God. He recognized the necessity of vocalizing what he knew to be true.

I hate the space confines found in writing this blog. There is so much that I would love to share about talking (after all, my elementary teachers thought that I was quite good at talking). Let me briefly share the importance of speaking ALOUD.
1. HEAVEN will hear your voice and begin to take action.
2. YOU will hear your voice and be encouraged.
3. HELL will hear your voice, take notice, and flee.

As we begin this new year, let's become talkers. Begin to boldly declare out loud the realities imparted by the Holy Ghost. In fact, to start with, beginning today, why don't you begin to daily (and many times throughout the day) declare aloud "TODAY is the day of the Holy Ghost". Come on. It won't hurt you. In fact, it will help you. TODAY is the day of the Holy Ghost. Now, a little louder. TODAY is the day of the Holy Ghost. Now, a little bolder. TODAY IS THE DAY OF THE HOLY GHOST. In doing so, you will begin to become more and more sensitive to His presence, voice, and actions!

One more thought as we begin 2012. I have written on your "report card" that you have become an excessive talker. So, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk and then do some more talking. Get ready. As you put into practice what I have written on your "report card", you and your ministry will never ever be the same again!

No comments:

ShareThis